Steps on integrating PingSafe with PagerDuty to create incidents of security alerts.
Why integrate PingSafe with PagerDuty?
PagerDuty is an incident management platform that notifies organizations about active breaches in the system. Thus, integrating Pagerduty with PingSafe enables users to create and receive PingSafe alert incidents on PagerDuty. This reduces the unnecessary workload of organizations checking through thousands of emails and provides a unified platform to handle all the incidents and issues reported by PingSafe through PagerDuty.
Which features of PagerDuty does PingSafe use?
PagerDuty allows the use of webhooks to send automated messages whenever an incident is triggered. PingSafe uses this feature to create issues and send users updates at the right time.
Users can integrate multiple services at once using both OAuth Event Integration and Manual Integration feature from the PingSafe platform.
Incidents referencing PingSafe alerts will be generated automatically after integration.
Steps to receive PingSafe alert incidents on PagerDuty.
- Login to PingSafe AI. Click on your user profile(marked within the circle). Click on Settings.
- In the settings tab under the Integrations section, click on PagerDuty.
- Click on Add to PagerDuty.
- Select a method to connect to PagerDuty.
Manual Integration (For users who opted for Manual Integration)
- Enter the name of the service you want to integrate with PingSafe AI. Leave PingSafe Integration Key blank for now.
- Login to PagerDuty and Click on Services tab.
- Select the Service you want to integrate from the given services.
- Under the service name, go to the Integrations tab and click on + Add an Integration.
- In the Search bar, type PingSafe and select PingSafe AI from the dropdown list.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Add button.
- On the PingSafe AI integration click on the dropdown button and copy the Integration Key.
- Go to the PingSafe tab and paste the copied integration key in the PingSafe Integration Key tab. Click on Next.
- Sign in to PagerDuty. And go to step 5.
OAuth Event Integration (requires admin access)
- Click on Setup Integration.
- Sign in to PagerDuty, enter your email and password.
- Select PagerDuty service(s) to integrate with PingSafe AI from the Selected Services drop-down menu. Then click on Connect.
- Click on Grant Permissions.
- Select the PagerDuty account with which you want to connect the services.
- Click on Authorize.
- Integration is successful. Enable Use Auto Mode to receive updates regularly from PingSafe.
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have.