Ensures that domains do not expire prematurely.
Risk Level: High
Ensures that domains do not expire prematurely. Expired domains can be lost and re-registered by a third party.
About the Service
Amazon Route 53 is a cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service that is highly accessible and scalable. It is intended to provide developers and businesses with a highly dependable and cost-effective method of routing end users to Internet applications.
Amazon Route 53 connects user requests to AWS infrastructure such as Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, and Amazon S3 buckets, as well as equipment outside of AWS.
If the expired domain names are not restored as soon as possible, they will become accessible for registration by others. By restoring your Route 53 expired domains in a timely manner, you will regain full control over their registration.
Steps to reproduce
- Sign in to your AWS console.
- Navigate to Route 53 dashboard at: https://console.aws.amazon.com/route53/
- Click Registered Domains on the left navigation window, under Domains.
- Select the domain you want to examine.
- Check the domain expiration date listed next to Expires on the domain page, inside the domain name configuration section. Continue with the restoration process setup as described in the Remediation/Resolution section if the specified domain name has already expired.
- Repeat steps no. 4 and 5 for each domain name currently registered with AWS Route 53.
Steps for remediation :
- Check the "Renewal, restoration, and deletion times" table on the Gandi wiki page at http://wiki.gandi.net/en/domains/renew to see if the expired domain name TLD is still within the restoration time limit (Gandi is the AWS registrar partner)
- If your expired domain can still be recovered, log in to the AWS Management Console using the account credentials you used to register the domain name.
- Navigate to AWS Support Center dashboard at: https://console.aws.amazon.com/support/home?region=us-east-1#/case/create?issueType=customer-service&serviceCode=billing&categoryCode=domain-name-registration-issue
- On the Create Case page, perform the following actions:
- Select Account and Billing Support for Regarding.
- Select Billing from the Service dropdown list.
- Select Domain name registration issue from the Category dropdown list.
- In the Subject box, type “Renew an expired domain”.
- In the Description box, enter the following details:
- The domain name that you want to restore.
- The ID of the AWS account used at domain registration
- Under the Contact method, select a preferred contact method so the AWS support team can reach you.
- Click Submit to send the restoration request to AWS. A customer support representative will contact you shortly.